(Yes, Danish post… But all are encouraged to watch the trailer at the end of the post;-))
Jeg får desværre nok ikke selv mulighed for at komme til arrangementet (suuuuuuk), men jeg vil da lige dele med alle interesserede:
CPH PIX, Husets Biograf og Lund Fantastic Film Festival afholder i denne weekend SON OF FRANKENSTEIN FILM FESTIVAL, med mange interessante genre-film. Der er endda særligt spændende på plakaten for Lovecraft-fans: Søndag, d. 2. oktober er der Danmarkspremiere på den tyske filmatisering af H.P. Lovecrafts “The Color out of Space” — en meget rost fortolkning, som går under titlen “Die Farbe” (passende, må man sige:-))
Den vises kl. 19.00. Hele programmet samt andet info kan i øvrigt ses her: http://www.cphpix.dk/p/art.lasso?n=47&news_id=480
Her er lige den fede trailer:
Prepare for the mayhem…
Things are going well with the preparation for Ran Cartwright’s Darktowne. The proofreading is now done, and soon the typing is also done. As you’ve already seen the cover is also more or less finished. The keyword here is “more or less”…
Not only will I make a few, minor changes to the cover, I have also requested from the artist Allen Koszowski a file in higher resolution. You see, I am not sure it will work flawlessly with the file I have on hand now. He has kindly replied that he will send me one — but he cannot do so before the coming weekend.
That’s very understandable, of course, but it also means that the book will be a little delayed. So expect publication early October instead of late September. After that I will begin work on Hex Code and Others by John Mayer (hardcover) and Two Against Darkness by Ron Shiflet and Glynn Barrass (paperback).
It’s getting close. For now — prepare for the mayhem… of Darktowne.
As I’ve mentioned in an earlier post today, Vol. 2 of the much anticipated hplmythos.com Series, Urban Cthulhu: Nightmare Cities, is scheduled for publication January 2012. I could probably publish it earlier but I want the result to be worthwhile — so I am going for the safer bet. The stories deserve the best possible design etc., and not something rushed through.
Here’s an updated Table of Contents:
- “Dancer of the Dying” by Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
- “The Neighbors Upstairs” by John Goodrich
- “Carcosapunk” by Glynn Owen Barrass
- “Architect Eyes” by Thomas Strømsholt
- “Slou” by Robert Tangiers
- “Ozeelah’s Lake” by Morten Carlsen
- “The Statement of Frank Elwood” by Pete Rawlik
- “In the Shadow of Bh’Yhlun” by Ian Davey
- “The Screamer” by Ted E. Grau
- “Night Life” by Henrik Sandbeck Harksen
- “the guilt of each … at the end…” by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
Believe me, it’s worth the wait!
Much has happened over the Summer and into September… It’s a good thing not all of it has been bad;-)
One of the very good things is that 2012 seems to be fully booked already. That’s a new one for me — but a wonderful situation, of course, already knowing what books to publish over the next year and a half.
Here’s a list:
ENGLISH PUBLICATIONS 2012:
- Henrik Sandbeck Harksen (ed.): Urban Cthulhu: Nightmare Cities, hplmythos.com Vol. 2 (paperback, fiction). January 2012.
- Franklyn Searight: The Eltdown Shards (paperback, fiction). Collecting for the first time ever all Cthulhu Mythos “Eltdown Shards” tales in one volume. Incl. letter excerpts from Richard F. Searights to his correspondent H. P. Lovecraft, and tales by the Searights, William Lumley and H. P. Lovecraft. Quite a collection for the collector. Franklyn Searight has published stories for years, incl. Lair of the Dreamer (Hippocampus Press, 2006). The volume titel may change. Spring/Summer 2012.
- Henrik Sandbeck Harksen (ed.): Whisperers in Darkness (paperback, fiction). Anthology of tales inspired by H. P. Lovecraft’s “The Whisperer in Darkness”. I will open for submissions later in 2011. Summer/Fall 2012.
DANISH PUBLICATIONS 2012:
- Henrik Sandbeck Harksen: Pix (paperback, fiction). Anthology of all-new stories by established and new-coming horror writers in Denmark, featuring modern takes on gothic horror and the weird. Title subject to change. Publication Summer 2012.
- Mads Højmark Jensen: Ondskaben fra Alhambra (novella/novel). Publication date second half of 2012.
There’s also a couple of “maybes” but I won’t say more about those ’till everything’s been settled. Either way, this doesn’t look bad, now does it?:-)
Last, but certainly not least, we’re still working on that new website for H. Harksen Productions. This will hopefully see fruition already this year, 2011, but it is taking longer than anticipated. Until then hplmythos.dk and hplmythos.com are still the sites to use;-)
Så er det afgjort, hvad titlen er på bind 3 i hplmythos.dk serien bliver: Grufulde mørke.
Jeg fik i sommerens løb flere gode forslag, men det endte med at blive forslaget fra Thomas Daugaard (som også er en af bidragsyderne), som løb af med sejren. Så han får selvfølgelig en ekstra kopi af bogen med posten, når den udkommer i december 2011🙂 Men tak til alle for jeres ideer.
Der er en idé med at vælge denne titel. Alle noveller i Grufulde mørke tager jo på forskellig vis udgangspunkt i Lovecrafts Commonplace Book — hans notesbog, kan man sige — og ordene “grufulde” (hideous) og “mørke” (dark/darkness) dukker ofte op. Så, voilá — derfor denne titel.
Do you know that feeling of everything taking a different direction than you anticipated and planned?
Well, besides being one of the basic elements to a good horror story it is also something that characterizes my life of late. And something that influences the publication schedule for the rest of 2011.
Here’s an updated plan for book publications from H. Harksen Productions for the rest of the year. I cannot give a 100% guarantee but it looks like a solid schedule.
- Ran Cartwright: Darktowne (paperback, fiction). Late September/early October 2011.
- John Mayer: Hex Code and Others (hardcover, fiction). October 2011.
- Glynn Barrass & Ron Shiflet: Two Against Darkness (paperback, fiction). Late October/early November 2011.
- John D. Haefele: A Look Behind the Derleth Mythos: Origins of the Cthulhu Mythos (hardcover, non-fiction). December 2011.
- Henrik Sandbeck Harksen (ed.): Dystre Danmark 2 (paperback, fiction). Late October/November 2011.
- Henrik Sandbeck Harksen (ed.): Grufulde mørke, hplmythos.dk Vol. 3 (paperback, fiction). December 2011.
A good score of publications, I’d say;-)
To the curious: Vol. 2 in the hplmythos.com Series, Urban Cthulhu: Nightmare Cities, is scheduled for a January 2012 release… But more about that in another post later today…
I haven’t forgotten this blog. Don’t you worry.
When this week’s over you will start seeing new posts.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you;-)